Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Fixins

So Butterbean and I...we love food. 

In fact, we love food so much we eat it every day. 

Truth be told, she and I have matching fat rolls around the middle.  A visual that I'm sure you didn't particularly want to have this fine Friday afternoon...but my personal motto is "Sharing is Caring."

And I care about y'all a LOT.

All 2 of you.

Right now, 'Bean is a fan of peas and sweet potatos, and I am a fan of pretty much anything.  I can't wait until Butterbean has enough teeth to take on stuff like lasagna and key lime pie, pb&j's washed down with ice cold milk, and my mama's enchiladas.

Mmmm mmmm.

But, beyond stretching 'Bean's palate to take on the miracle that is banana pudding...we're also working on feasting on the Word.

Yes.  Even at this young age.

So following that vein, I thought why not do a weekly theme around here on Fridays?  I'd love to hear some of your suggestions as to how you incorporate the Word into your young grandchildren's, or children's lives.

Currently, Butterbean and I are working on Genesis.  She is enthralled by the pictures of her little bible until she gets distracted by her toes.  Or fingers.  Or whatever catches her eye.

I love snuggling with her and reading the old stories to her.  I love looking into her eyes and telling her that Jesus loves her.  She smiles when I say that.  Every. Time.

So internets...tell me about what good spiritual fixin's you and your family enjoy.  Maybe we could swap a few recipes?

7 comments:

  1. This is going to be my new favorite thing to read. :) so thankful God has put you and your family in my life. I learn so much from you as a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather!!! I love you my friend. Thank you for your kind words. We all learn from each other...you're a great mom and I'd love to hear about what you do with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember the song we sang with the Mass Choir?.....I Need You To Survive....I sang that to them from the day they were born and still do...we have pray request time and I learn about their friends and such that they want to pray for...we read our bible stories and I answer lots of ???? to the best of my ability...Music plays a big role in explaining The Word...to all Nana's babies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Vince calling it the "Barney" song. Lol! But I can see how music plays a large part. I'll have to search through the old brainy-poo and see what songs I can remember from when K and C were little. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  4. We read a dollar store children's Bible with Precious Moments type of illustrations. My little Sweetgirl mainly loves that the little girls look "like me, mama!" and that all the kitties have bows around their necks. Ha! But, she, too, LOVES it when I tell her that Jesus loves her. She beams. And she asks me to sing Jesus Loves Me to her almost every. single. night. Sweetboy is all about the Veggie Tales Bible. It speaks to his elementary schoolboy humor level. And it makes me giggle with him.

    Love this idea Shayne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had a little thing for Larry-Boy.

      OH WHEEEEERE IS MY HAIRBRUSH? OH WHEEEEERE IS MY HAIRBRUSH? OH WHERE OH WHERE OH WHERE OH WHERE OH WHEEEEEEERE...IS MY HAIRBRUSH?

      I don't know if he ever found it or not but Silly Songs with Larry always make me snort.

      Yes indeedy! ;)

      Delete
  5. OK, this is a test of the emergency broadcast system, this is only a test...if this comment shows up...there has been a real bonafide technical miracle!

    I love this BLOG...I have posted on every new post but my comments aren't showing up! Keep em coming CUZ...they are awesome!
    Your number one fan,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete